The Catherine Moore

The Bridgeport Regional Vocational Aquacultural School's boat, the CATHERINE MOORE is a 56-foot research/educational vessel.  The Moore features an on-board science classroom, and a commercial fishery area.  The boat is named for Catherine Moore, the former keeper of the Black Rock Harbor (Fayerweather Island) Lighthouse at the entrance to Black Rock Harbor, Bridgeport, Connecticut.


The 41 foot tall Black Rock (Fayerweather Island) Lighthouse built in 1823 and decommissioned in 1932.  The lighthouse and its island are now part of the City of Bridgeport's Seaside Park.


Return to   Dr. Singletary's page
                Science C201 page
                Education 600D page
                Biology page
                University of Bridgeport page

All photos by Big-Crab Images

Updated May 31, 2002