New UBNet Account
· How to apply for an account?
UBNet accounts are now generated online. There is no need to fill paperwork. Here is how it works:
- You first must verify that you are eligible for an account. You will not be able to get an account if you are not eligible for it. Please see the next section below for the eligibility list.
- The following page will present you with our Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). All current and future UBNet users must comply with it. If you have any reservations, or do not accept it, you will not be able to get an account online and will have to contact the I.T. department to resolve the issue.
- After accepting the AUP, you will be asked for your UB ID number (That's the number on your UB ID card). If you do not know your UB ID number, please contact your Academic Advisor for information. Current employees can find their UB ID number at the top right side of their latest pay-stub. You will also be asked for your first and last name, and your birth date. All those questions will be compared to our database in order to verify your identity.
- Once your identity is verified, you will be given your new account information.
- Although you already have your information, the accounts are actually created overnight. So you'll have to be patient for the next 2 Days (48 hours).
- You should be able to use the account the day after you applied. If you are still denied access by that time, it's probable that something is wrong, and you should get in touch with us.
· Who is eligible for a new account?
To be eligible for a new UBNet account, you must be one of the following .
- Currently registered Full/Part time student of the University of Bridgeport.
- Special student with the permission.
- Faculty/Staff of the University of Bridgeport.
- Current Applicants of the University of Bridgeport.
· How many accounts can I have?
Any person eligible for a UBNet account can get only ONE (1) account. There are no exceptions to this rule!
· What will I be able to do with my new UBNet account?
With it you will be able to access many systems that are available only to UB students and applicants.
- If you are a UB Applicant, you will be able to:
- Login to WebAdvisor - Our Online Academic System.
- Maintain your account (change/reset your password etc...)
- If you are a UB Student, you will be able to:
- Login to many systems in UB like Email, MYUB portal, Machines in the Computer Labs and Library Systems.
- Have an email address with the University.
- Your account will be automatically promoted to a full UBNet account once you are transferred from an applicant to a registered student status.
For Help and Instruction on how to login to the portal and how to use portal please visit http://bridgeport.edu/myub