Next: Applying DRFSM in
Up: The Dynamic Recursive
Previous: Implementation of DRFSM
To apply DRFSM for any problem the following steps are required:
- Problem Analysis: Divide the problem into states, so that each state
accomplishes a simple task.
- Transition Conditions: Find the transition conditions between the
- Explore the repetitive part in the problem (recursive property) and
specify the recursive states. Some problems however may not have this
property. In those cases a FSM is a better solution.
- VTV formation: If there are different transitions values for each level;
these variables have to be defined.
- Error trapping: Using robust analysis, a set of possible errors
can be established; then one or more Dead-End state(s) are added.
- DRFSM Design: Use GIJOE to draw the DRFSM and generate the corresponding C code.
- Implementation: The code generated by GIJOE has to be filled out
with the exact task of each state, the error handling routines
should be written, and the required output has to be implemented as well.